[clug] OT: Dongle for flashing Sony-Ericsson T610

Dale Shaw DShaw at exceed.com.au
Wed Jun 9 04:23:24 GMT 2004

All,

Ignoring the warranty issues surrounding doing this, has anyone got the
"Terminator" dongle required to unlock Sony Ericsson phones? I'm so sick
of the pre-loaded Vodafone crap on my phone. I only realised how badly
they had butchered this phone when I compared it to another T610 on an
Optus contract.

I'm pretty keen to flash the generic ARM, AVR and GDFS images onto my
phone but I can't justify spending the money on the dongle for what is
going to be a one-off job. If anyone has this dongle or knows someone
that has one, I would trade beer or pizza to borrow it for a few days.

Alternatively, if anyone in the same situation knows how a Sony-Ericsson
service centre would react if I asked to have generic firmware loaded
onto my phone, I would be greatful to hear from you. I haven't gotten
around to making enquiries yet.

cheers,
Dale