[clug] Video editing under linux and financial incentives.

Blaz Segavac blazs at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jun 8 16:31:29 GMT 2004

Hi John,

Telek, John wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I have a rather strong interest in editing DV format video under
> linux. My preference is Windows XP pro and Adobe premier.

It's not Linux and it's still a Un*x derivative but have you considered
Mac OS X.  I've never had much trouble playing the various video format
except for Real Player version 10 which isn't available for Mac OS X yet.

Most if not all of the video production software available for the Mac
has been ported to Mac OS X.  I think the prohibitive thing would be the
price of the software though there are video production packages aimed
at the home user as to professional.

Blaz