[clug] Video editing under linux and financial incentives.

Edward C. Lang edlang at tsumakin.net
Tue Jun 8 07:08:31 GMT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 16:54, Telek, John wrote:
> As much as I see Linux and it's importance with respect to it's role in
> the IT game, I've come to the conclusion that it will never get anywhere
> as a desktop product until someone takes it, exerts entire control over
> it and inject's a shitload of money into it.

I'm feeling the same way about colour space management / workflow at the
moment, for photo editing. Colour proofing in Linux/X with GIMP/dcraw
proved to be too difficult, compared to things like Photoshop CS and
Capture One Pro. I haven't seen much effort sunk into this area in OSS.

Regards,

Edward.

--

http://www.tsumakin.net/