[clug] cd protected cd ?

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 4 01:32:09 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 06:31:27PM +1000, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> >I've got a cd from Norah Jones, but I'm having problems to encode it to
> >store it on my hd (I've also problems just to listen it from my pc...).
> I've found that different CD ROM (and CD R/RW and DVD) drives have
> various problems with these "copy protected" (ie: "usability
> challenged") CDs. Try a different machine, or if you're up for it, buy
> a replacement/second CD ROM drive.

playing with these "copy controlled" cds, Kim and I find out that MacOsX
sees two session, one with windows crap and an other one with audio. We
managed to rip all songs except one as, probably, the added wrong crc
checksum that makes the cd reader reading the same sector over and over
again until it gives up with I/O error. Do you know of any way of
ignoring these CRC errors ? Do you succeded of reading the second
session with the windows data ?

:)

++ "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
++ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.