[clug] key repeat problem in X

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 2 04:16:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I just installed Mandrake 10.0 Official on my new server. Due to it
being unable to install LILO onto a software RAID (previous versions
were OK), I had to abort the installation before finishing the
configuration steps. Consequently I'm hunting down all the things I need
to configure.

For some reason my X server has no keyrepeating. As in, you hold down a
key and after a delay it's supposed to start repeating. Text mode is
fine, it's just any application under X that is affected.

Does anyone know why this is? Where might I change it back to normal?

Have fun,
Darren