[clug] XP and partitions

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 00:24:34 GMT 2004

Simon Burton wrote:
> I need to install XP along side (one of) my linux partitions.
> Does anyone know if XP will respect these partitions, lilo etc. ?
> The MS site seems to say it does, but I don't believe them :)
>
> Even better, I might see if I can stick another drive in the box
> and let XP have the whole drive.
>
> Simon.

Simon,

I've installed XP after linux several times.  As long as you have the
partition lable to be one that windows likes, i.e: W95 FAT32 (LBA) you
should be fine.
   Only thing is, make sure you have a boot disk/cd around to get
GRUB/LILO back into the MBR after, as Windows packs it's own stuff into
there.

Cheers
--
Paul Warren