[clug] is it me or transact?

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 13:55:37 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:09:00AM +1000, Simon Haddon wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I had a painfully slow connection too.  I could see what the problem was
> so I decided to reboot the Transbox box and woohoo it came good.  Don't
> know why

I've been seeing this in a couple of sites, with both ISG boxes and
Motorola STBs... I talked to someone at TransACT's NOC, and he said
it was a known problem and was going to replace the ISG in question.
I don't know if it ever happened though, I should check that.

There's apparently a problem somewhere in the device that breaks if
too much UDP traffic comes through, as I recall it. >_<

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.