[clug] Old PII processor please?

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Wed Jul 21 01:13:47 GMT 2004

Possibly an odd request, but I'm hoping someone has a working Pentium-II
cpu at 300 Mhz suitable for use as a second processor in a dual-processor
box which they don't want anymore. I have a dual-processsor board with a
single PII-300 on it, and I'd like to make it dual-processor.
Or is there something more to this? I seem to remember you needed matched
pairs at one point - any experts want to tell me I'm not going to get a
working system here?
In case I do need to say it, yes I am intending to run linux (exclusively)
on this box. I'm prepared to pay a (small) sum for it, and collect from
anywhere in Canberra.
Conrad.