[clug] Network Simulator Software

Yama.Zakarya at serono.com Yama.Zakarya at serono.com
Tue Jul 20 12:31:33 GMT 2004

Hi,

I found your request on the net, because I am looking for such a product
(Network Simulator).

Have you found a nice solution, can you recommend it?

Have you tested the Shunra solution? If yes, what do you think?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Yama

Yama Zakarya
Information Technology
Serono International S.A.

Can anyone recommend some good network simulator software?

I need to change network latency and bandwidth for testing of network
software. e.g. Simulate a fat pipe to the other side of the planet or a
thin pipe to the other side of the building.

I was about to use The REAL Network Simulator on a linux based router
(http://minnie.tuhs.org/REAL/) to customise network performance between
two local networks but thought someone might be able to suggest a better
tool.

The need features:
- ability to configure network latency
- ability to configure network bandwidth
- easy to configure and reconfigure (technical people other than me will
me to use is in the future).

Thanks,

Aaron

S - This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain malware. The
presence of this disclaimer is not a proof that it was originated at Serono International S.A.
or one of its affiliates. Serono International S.A and its affiliates therefore do not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message, which arise as a result
of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.
Serono International SA, 15bis Chemin Des Mines, Geneva, Switzerland, www.serono.com.