[clug] Contract Position with Defence Available!!!

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Jul 14 01:04:03 GMT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Kim Holburn wrote:

> Ummm, no that'd be unsolicited *bulk* commercial email and this wasn't
> *bulk*.  Frankly these days I don't view as spam any email with real

What's not bulk about sending your message to a listful of people?

> I have seen lots of "spam" that wasn't commercial.  Chain letters
> anyone?  BTW is fraud commercial in your view?

Not necessarily. It depends whether the fraud was perpetrated for
commercial gain or not. Why do you ask?

> Probably.  I'm sure there are list members who are looking for work who
> would be interested.  I think this is an important function of this
> list.

I suggest rereading my original message. I didn't say that a message of
that nature could not be sent to the list. I DID say that it must conform
to the list's policies. ('though it seems I was incorrect; it's been
pointed out that the message would seem to be in violation regardless of
adding the appropriate [...] in the topic).

I've already copped to overstepping on the "pissed off an entire list of
people" bit. I could put that down to a catastrophic build-up of hubris
from years of perl programming....

> OK, so we add [EMPLOYMENT] or some such (to the list page?).

I thought that was a really good suggestion.

> Kim

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\