[clug] Contract Position with Defence Available!!!

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Tue Jul 13 08:00:06 GMT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Kim Holburn wrote:

> > It is a requirement of your job to THOROUGHLY piss off an entire
> > mailing
>
> You're speaking for me without asking me what I think?

Oh no, I was only talking about the list, not the /members/ of the list.
You can find the list's current emotional state at
http://lists.samba.org/emotions/linux/2004-July/

Perhaps I should have said, "almost an entire", or "an entire mailing list
(except for those members who enjoy receiving unmarked commercial
messages)", but I decided that since this was an easy-going and relaxed
list I'd forgo dotting every i and crossing each t.

>From the previous few months I believe the vast majority of the list don't
mind RELEVANT and TARGETTED commercial postings to the list so long as
they are clearly marked as such. I may be wrong in that assumption.

> Kim Holburn

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\