[clug] Contract Position with Defence Available!!!

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Tue Jul 13 08:25:57 GMT 2004

At 2004/7/13 18:00+1000  Peter Barker writes:
> Perhaps I should have said, "almost an entire", or "an entire mailing list
> (except for those members who enjoy receiving unmarked commercial
> messages)", but I decided that since this was an easy-going and relaxed
> list I'd forgo dotting every i and crossing each t.
>
> >From the previous few months I believe the vast majority of the list don't
> mind RELEVANT and TARGETTED commercial postings to the list so long as
> they are clearly marked as such. I may be wrong in that assumption.

Well for what its worth, I don't mind seeing postings like this.

In these sorts of cases (eg not anonymous mass mailings and probably
just an honest mistake) wouldn't it be a bit more productive and
polite to just reply saying that in future please prefix such messages
with [FOR SALE]? Its not like the linux community is at risk of losing
its reputation for being hostile.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org