[clug] Wireless PCMCIA card recommendations

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Thu Jul 8 11:39:39 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 10:09, David Collett wrote:
> That sounds like a very neat hack, any idea if it would work in the
> current model apple ibook/powerbook ? I believe the airport extreem card
> is also a broadcom miniPCI card(?).
>
> Dave

Having no experience with the Apple machines, I would say a definite
maybe . . .

The criteria are that the slot is fully compliant with the MiniPCI
specs, and that you have suitable drivers for it.

If you like, you can try my card in it and see - just have your Atheros
drivers compiled and ready to go.

The downside is, only the revision A cards are MiniPCI - the current
generation of the Dlink cards actually have the guts directly on the
PCB.

--
Alastair D'Silva		mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant		fax: 0433 141 032