[clug] Wireless PCMCIA card recommendations

David Collett david.collett at dart.net.au
Tue Jul 13 01:07:40 GMT 2004

FYI:
It would seem that the Airport Extreme is not a mini-PCI card at all,
though I'm sure I've seen it refered to as such... Damn...

Also,
I have a PCI 802.11g card, it is a Netcomm NP5420. I pulled it apart and
it apears to be a mini-pci card + PCI bridge. The chipset is prism,
which is well supported with the prism54 driver, now part of the stock
linux kernel. Its about $120 @ Dick Smith from memory. Probably a good
alternative to the "Revision A G520" for anyone wanting a cheap(ish)
mini-PCI 54G card which is easy to find.

Dave