[clug] Wireless PCMCIA card recommendations

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Mon Jul 5 04:14:56 GMT 2004

I have a Dell 5150 with an integrated Broadcom 4301 Wireless card.
Broadcom dont support Linux (Even though Linux is used in many Wireless
routers that have Broadcom chips. Isn't that rude! ).

After trying the ndiswrapper route without success I've decided that I need
to buy a wireless PCMCIA card and leave the built-in one alone.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what brand I should buy to get the
best Linux support?  I'm using 2.6.6 with SuSE 9.1.

I assume I'll need 802.11[a,b,g].

--
Brett

PGP: 1024R/27EB604F  22A9 A85A 22BD 496B 2443
                     35E5 46F7 0712 27EB 604F