[clug] Wreless Network Over Belconnen

Irena and Richard Jenkins rjenkins at alphalink.com.au
Sat Jul 3 13:58:13 GMT 2004

I've just come through a negotiation phase with Testra about my phone line ...
in Flynn ... and it appears that at some time in the past 30 years some
equipment was added to the line to improve telephone voice quality.  Now
Telstra will not remove it/upgrade the line to the exchange so that it's
redundant!!  Upshot of that decision is that although it's only 1 Km to the
Melba  exchange and there are ports available ... I cannot get ADSL!  Sorry
'bout that!

Now after being disappointed by Transact dreams and now Telstra,  I've started
to look at alternative technologies.  What's possible in wireless networks
for the bottom quarter of Flynn??

Any ideas?...  please email me direct ... or phone 62581228.

and thanks

Richard

Irena & Richard Jenkins        VK1NDV & VK1RJ
Canberra,  AUSTRALIA