[clug] device driver problem "simplified"

caloy diaz caloykoy_one at pacific.net.ph
Thu Feb 26 02:12:27 GMT 2004

a good day. this is caloy again, the one inquiring about the device driver.

i seem to have simplified my problem to more "manage-able" chunks, namely i
should write a device driver that accepts a text file and sends it to the
serial port. however may i ask your assistance as to how i'd implement these
steps?

1) write a device driver: what is really the "skeleton" of each device
driver? i'm looking at device driver codes, and somehow i get overwhelmed.
i'm trying to find all the things in common between them thinking that would
be the skeleton.

2) what's the command for the device driver to wait for a text file?

3) how will the driver control the serial port? (i already have the C
program to control the serial port)

sorry if my questions seem basic, it's just that i sort of have the idea but
i can't seem to implement them.

i do hope you guys could assist me. thanks very much and God bless.

caloy diaz