[clug] Jobhunting

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 20 08:13:46 GMT 2004

Hi there fellow Cluggers.

<not meaning to be rude by advertising myself on this lists>

After deciding to defer my studies for at least a year, I decided to
look for some full time IT emplyment.  And have been having some trouble
getting one!

I've emailed and presented in person, resumes to a host of employment
agences (pimps), and have so far had 1 opportunity through them, which
wasn't even for IT!  Which I didn't get.

I've also been looking on seek.com, carreerone.net, jobsguide.com.au and
applying for just about anything related to computers!

I did have an interview today for a position as a java developer for the
national library, but I didn't have enough experience in Dynamic web
page stuff for them.

My questions:
Am I doing the right thing?
Anything I'm missing?

Should I go back to being a kitchen hand?

My resume is online at www.geocities.com/qvack_82/resume.html

Cheers
--
Paul Warren