[clug] Powerbook G4

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Wed Dec 1 09:38:20 GMT 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:20 pm, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> subsequently got corrupted by MacOS X and am
> more or less happily running MacOS X on it instead. I was intending to make
> it primarily a Linux laptop until I discovered how badly Linux supported
> it, and how nice MacOS X was. I feel so dirty...

AOL. I bought Steve Hanley's (the money's here Steve, honest) G3 Powerbook and
threw OSX at it initially to overwrite Steve's er.... vital files.

I too have enjoyed the OSX experience enough to leave it there and defer a
Debian crossover until I see a pressing need. It, um, just *works*. And it's
pretty. Sure, some of the system level stuff I'm accustomed to doing on a
Linux box is not there, but on the whole I don't actually need it. Some of
the paradigms require a brain-shift, but not a painful one.

Forgive me Linus, for I have sinned....

MC

--
http://michaelcarden.net