[clug] Powerbook G4

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Dec 1 04:10:51 GMT 2004

On 1 Dec 2004, at 09:32, Fergus McKenzie-Kay wrote:

> I'm looking into a nice shiny Powerbook G4.. not really sure about the
> size yet.

Two features that the 12" doesn't have - no backlit keyboard (so you
have to type blind during those late night hacking sessions) and no PC
Card slot.

> btw.. on a similar vain are there any knoppix style disks for ppc?

IIRC, the Debian-Installer has a PPC version. Not quite a live CD, but
should be enough to get you started. If you do find a PPC live CD, let
me/us know - I'd like to experiment with Linux on this machine sometime
(after I've finished my Samba/LDAP notes, of course ;)

Alex