[clug] SCP from Windows to Linux incredibly slow

Rousak, Boris Boris.Rousak at actewagl.com.au
Tue Aug 3 00:50:41 GMT 2004

OK, not too sure about 1 and 3 but with 2 a possible problem might be as
follows:

The account that you use to log onto your win2k machine is not on your
samba machine, so try this: if you use account called user1 to log onto
tangram

Then on ludos
1. useradd or just add to /etc/passwd an entry for user1
2. smbpasswd -a user1
3. in your /etc/smb.conf file add user1 to the shares you would like to
access
4. restarting samba couldn't hurt at this point although from memory
it's not necessary

Needless to say, above steps require you to be root.

Hope this helps,
Boris