[clug] wierd messages in the syslog

Joel Pearson pearj at writeme.com
Mon Apr 26 07:36:01 GMT 2004

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions, it turns out this error was fairly regular
rougly every 15 minutes.  So I got ethereal to monitor the traffic around
about the time the error shows up and it turns out samba is broadcasting
itself to all the interfaces, including the internet one.  So I added an
interfaces = eth1 to the samba conf, and the errors seem to have gone away.

Thanks

-Joel

"Andrew Pollock" <andrew-clug at andrew.net.au> wrote
in message news:20040426060244.GA22060 at daedalus.andrew.net.au...