[clug] Re: surgery

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Sat Apr 24 01:23:46 GMT 2004

Sam Couter wrote:
> So when a spam or virus hits the list with a false From: address, where
> does the confirmation request go to?
>
> Automated response systems are bad, bad, bad. They just cause more
> problems for others.

Seconded, I get more virus bounce messages than I get actual viruses.

Also, the links-dev list gets a lot of spam coming through it, but my
Bayesian junk filter can now tell the difference between junk mail on
the list and legitimate posts.  So there's little need to spend time
implementing drastic anti-spam measures.