[clug] CLUG meeting 22 April 2005

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 21 02:20:38 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 10:16, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 09:44, Darren Freeman wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 06:55, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > > Hi.
> >
> > > Okay! I'll do some preparation then. Is anything special required for
> > > plugging my laptop into the overhead?
> >
> > To answer that, I first need to know if you believe in the usage of
> > Magick Most Dark.
>
> So it can be a bit of a pain to get going? I'll try and be early.

Actually I think this one is OK. But my experience in general is never
ever trust a projector to work the first time.

I've been to a conference in Melbourne where 50% of presenters were
having trouble with the supplied laptop, and were messing around with
their own laptop to no avail. It was a really shameful display of
disorganisation on the part of the presenters and the hosts. A problem
that could have been solved by installing OpenOffice on the Windows
laptop supplied. After all IT'S FREE DAMMIT!

Oh well ;) People will continue to embarass themselves, just don't risk
it happening to you.

> > Otherwise some kind of prayer wouldn't go astray ;)
>
> That I can do :>
>
> Nigel

Have fun,
Darren