[clug] Installing kernel headers

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Apr 14 08:02:42 GMT 2004

Heya,

so, I compile kernels from source occassionally. I'm a little confused
as to whether I am meant to be installing kernel headers when I start
running a new kernel however. External modules fail to compile unless
they have the latest headers, but there isn't a make target to install
the headers.

If I am meant to install new headers, what is the best way of doing it?

I've read that I should be running with the headers which match those
which glibc was compiled against.

Does anyone want to enlighten me?

Thanks,
Mikal