[clug] Consume But Don't Try Programming [was viva la DMCA? [was:Against US-AU FTA Intellectual Property Clauses]]

amy ireland asturner at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 12 16:22:14 GMT 2004

jepri wrote:
> I urge everyone NOT to sign the petition, until they come up with one
> that actually represents OSS developers and users rather than whiney
> people who want to watch DVDs on their laptops and play playstation
> games that they aren't supposed to.
>
> Not only that, the petition veers into actual craziness in at least one
> place.  The petition is just plain embaressing.

 and i urge everyone to oppose the free trade agreement in total and in
individual aspects, as it serves americans not australians. the americans
stand to gain an estimated $2.6 billion (aust) whereas australia will gain
$1.4 billion (aust) which will blow our trade deficit which is already $6
billion (aust). then they want to limit our freedom even further (than it
already is) by changing our laws on competition
policy,communications,intellectual property and deregulation of almost all
industries.

governments dont give freedom, they only take and restrict freedom,
revolutions give freedom . we can only maintain the level of freedom we have
by opposing those who would take it. or by revolting