[clug] [OT] spam-bot killer

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Wed Apr 7 12:47:47 GMT 2004

Hello,

Has anybody seen this before:
http://www.bfndevelopment.com/cgi-bin/home/Members/fMail/Contacts/1213/List.html

"""Anti-Spam Notice:
This page was generated to trap SPAM bots in an infinite loop. The BOT will enter using the same link you used, and record every email address linked on this page. Then it will follow the link at the bottom in search of more email addresses. The link at the bottom is a randomly generated URL that links back to this script. After logging thousands of fake email addresses and filling the hosts computer with GIGS of useless information, the BOT will most likely crash. If the owner of the SPAM BOT attempts to use their list, they will probably get thousands of delivery failure notices, which will ultimately result in the downfall of the BOT owners SPAM server."""

I don't know enough about spam bots. Would this work if I linked to it from my home page?
I guess I could also cook up a script to do it myself.

Simon.

--
Simon Burton, B.Sc.
Licensed PO Box 8066