[clug] Interview with Martin Pool

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Apr 5 21:28:46 GMT 2004

Tim Potter wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 10:18:15AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>
>>Ooh, what GPL'ed stuff are Microsoft shipping now? How hypocritical.
>
> I think it was some tools that come with the services for unix product.
> Yeah it is a bit hypocritical isn't it?  The GPL is a cancer I tell you!

The cancer is spreading!

http://weblogs.asp.net/frankarr/archive/2004/04/05/107631.aspx

"On Monday, April 5, 2004, as part of the Shared Source Initiative,
Microsoft releases the source code for the Windows Installer XML (WiX)
developer tool to SourceForge under the IBM Common Public License or
CPL. The WiX project is the first Shared Source Initiative to go
"public" on Source Forge rather than a Microsoft site. It is also the
first to use an externally created “Open Source” license."

Cheers,
Mikal