[clug] serial port server

david howe david at qednet.biz
Sun Apr 4 09:35:13 GMT 2004

Hi all

I am looking for some suggestions :)

I run a variety of servers, all of which are addressable and
controllable by ethernet connections, however I would like to also be
able to access these machines from their respective serial ports. Now
this is easy on a one-off basis, however I am thinking that with a
multiport serial card or two then I could employ some sort of serial
port server device which I can connect all my other serial devices to.
There is a fair range of devices from i386 pc's to macs,suns and cisco
gear.

does anyone know of anything "off the shelf" that fits the bill?

david