[clug] advice for first time Apache user

Francis James Whittle fudje at phreaker.net
Fri Apr 2 08:19:04 GMT 2004

It really depends on the level of service you're providing....

If you're only providing the download of files over HTTP, Apache's
base-level security setup should be just fine.  If, however, you're
providing file uploading (either via POST forms or WebDAV), you should
probably investigate TLS and/or SSL for user and system protection -
either using private certificates or just encrypted channel
password-protection.

--
Francis James Whittle

Bachelor Software Engineering student,