[clug] Enforce SSH tunnel to squid proxy

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Tue Sep 23 17:14:14 EST 2003

Sam Couter said:
> But then, maybe all that has been fixed anyway.

rp_filter under the /proc tree in 2.4 kernels.  I think its enabled by
default.
The problem from memory was with 2.2 kernels or earlier.

You guys should thank heaven you get to use squid... I'm stuck behind
Microsoft Internet Accelleration Server - it accellerates your internet
browsing time alright - by being dead as a dodo most of the time so you
can't browse, and by failing to authenticate you some of the rest of the
time and locking your account out of the network.And its idea of caching is rather rudimentary... if its ever seen a page
before, it'll return you that version.  Doesn't matter if its a news
portal front page from six months ago, you have to force a refresh to see
the latest stuff.  Sometimes multiple times.  And a fair chunk of the
time, forcing a refresh kills it.
--
Matt
(homesick)