[clug] Opensource legislation in ACT

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Tue Sep 16 21:41:15 EST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:37:25PM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:20 pm, Darren Freeman wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 17:43, Anthony David wrote:
> > > If there is interest, in discussing the proposal,
> > > I will confirm it with her.
> >
> > I think I speak for most CLUGers when I say:
> >
> > *shit yeah!*
> Lets make like we have a bit of professionalism, given the topic. And remember

Excellent point Brad. Enthusiasm is important too.

> that at least one person (OK, maybe only me) thinks that legislation for this
> is broken by design. Even if no-one spoke against it, no-one can actually
> claim that CLUG supports (or discourages) legislative measures. AUUG could
> probably do that though - try to get some of the AUUG people there if you
> want representation. Maybe even Linux Australia would be interested?

Representation is good. However the important thing is that interested,
informed voters have a say in legislation proposals.

This is an excellent opportunity for that. Needless to say, once I have
confirmed Ros's attendance, I will inform other interested groups that
you mentioned.

> > Usually we just make up something to talk about, now we have something
> > to really hammer out.
> So the technical stuff starts around ten to eight? Guess I'll see you then.

Dissenting voices are important Brad. Please don't miss out on an
opportunity to make you views known. Politicians are used to it.

Regards

--
Anthony David

Gambling(n): A discretionary tax on those asleep during high school maths
http://adavid.com.au/
0xA72CE1ED fingerprint = EA1E C69E FE59 BBE1 AA4B  F354 BD09 9765 A72C E1ED