[clug] Opensource legislation in ACT

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Tue Sep 16 14:45:01 EST 2003

Brad Hards wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:20 pm, Darren Freeman wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 17:43, Anthony David wrote:
>>

>>>If there is interest, in discussing the proposal,
>>>I will confirm it with her.
>>>

>>I think I speak for most CLUGers when I say:
>>
>>*shit yeah!*
>>

>Lets make like we have a bit of professionalism, given the topic. And remember
>that at least one person (OK, maybe only me) thinks that legislation for this
>is broken by design. Even if no-one spoke against it, no-one can actually

Do you mean the way Microsofts "shared source" could look like "Open
Source" by the legislation's definition, if you squint really hard at it?

Perhaps we need a flying visit from Richard Stallman.  But first we need
to change our name to CGLUG.

>claim that CLUG supports (or discourages) legislative measures. AUUG could
>probably do that though - try to get some of the AUUG people there if you
>want representation. Maybe even Linux Australia would be interested?

Personally I'd be happy with an "everyone in favour say 'aye'" kind of
poll.  It should be enough for a statement like "nine out of every ten
CLUG members polled said it was a good thing".

>>Usually we just make up something to talk about, now we have something
>>to really hammer out.
>>

>So the technical stuff starts around ten to eight? Guess I'll see you then.

You're going to miss the bit where we all sing "We  shall overcome"!