[clug] Set TCP window size for specific incoming protocols?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Sep 16 19:24:40 EST 2003

Hey folk,

I have a firewall with a slow connection. I would like to limit the rate
at which incoming packets for FTP hit the ISP side of my firewall. Because
these packets are coming from the ISP, it strikes me that what I really
want to do is set a relatively small size for the TCP window for these
connections.

Does anyone have pointers on how to do this? I've had a look with google,
and can see anything relevant, and the iptables man page (which is
probably the wrong tool) doesn't seem to have anything either.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mikal

--