[clug] PlanetMirror Slowness?

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Tue Sep 9 01:23:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 23:32, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> Weird... I can browse the top level fine using a web browser. But if I
> try to browse /debian/ (using Galeon for example), it times out.

Assuming that you're actually talking about planetmirror and not goldweb
here, my experiments this afternoon say:
- Make sure that you're using public.planetmirror.com because
www.planetmirror.com is now asking for username/password.
- Shouldn't make the slightest difference, but putting the /pub before
the debian/debian-non-US certainly worked this afternoon.

ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/ also was working this afternoon (which just
maps to public.planetmirror.com I believe).

Conrad.