[clug] [slightly OT] how to find what an IP is

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Sep 2 20:27:28 EST 2003

I am setting up a Windows/XP laptop for my parents, and while it sits
on my desk I have an iptraf window listening on its connection.

I find some connections that I do not know the domain of. The IPs
do not have a DNS, and the closest I get is the authority responding
to a 'dig x'. I recall there was a site that could collect information
about an IP, but I forget where. Or maybe a utility?

Here are some of the connections I see:
144.135.8.166:443
144.135.8.185:443
81.52.248.151:80
206.112.112.13:80

A set of IPs do have DNS and they are wustat.windows.com - anyone
knows what this is?

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>