[clug] [Andrew.Blake@act.gov.au: RE: Open source Software forum]

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Thu Oct 2 16:10:52 EST 2003

Hi All

As a followup to last week's meeting, I have been asked to pass on
the following info. If the cost is a concern, don't hesitate to
email Andrew directly.

Regards

----- Forwarded message from "Blake, Andrew" <Andrew.Blake at act.gov.au> -----

From: "Blake, Andrew" <Andrew.Blake at act.gov.au>
To: "'adavid at adavid.com.au'" <adavid at adavid.com.au>
Subject: RE: Open source Software forum
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:54:48 +1000

Hi Anthony, if you could post the following, including the contact details
that would be super.

The Australian Democrats are hosting a forum with the aim to change the
paradigm for Government purchasing, development and distribution of software
in Australia.

The forum will be held at the National Press Club on October 17.

More information and a registration form can be found on our flyer at
http://www.democrats.org.au/docs/2003/0024/OSS%20Conf%20Brochure.pdf

I realise for many people the forum is quite expensive (even at the $180
rate)  - I will be complaining to the organisers as well - but if you have
any concerns or thoughts to add, please don't hesitate to contact our office
and Roslyn will be more than happy to meet with you, if necessary.

Andrew Blake
Adviser
Office of Roslyn Dundas MLA
ACT Democrats
Member for Ginninderra in the ACT Legislative Assembly
GPO Box 1020
Canberra ACT 2601
ph  (02) 6205 0065
m   0404 845 752
fax (02) 6205 3001
andrew.blake at act.gov.au
dundas at act.gov.au
www.roslyndundas.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Anthony David

Gambling(n): A discretionary tax on those asleep during high school maths
http://adavid.com.au/
0xA72CE1ED fingerprint = EA1E C69E FE59 BBE1 AA4B  F354 BD09 9765 A72C E1ED