[clug] CLUG parking fine

Michael Carden michaelc at panasonic.com.au
Wed Oct 1 08:54:31 EST 2003

An update for those who recall the parking fines issued to some attendees of
the August CLUG meeting.

I wrote a polite letter to the ANU parking people explaining that the
signage indicated that I had selected a 'Visitor' parking location and that
I had no means of knowing that 'Visitor' carries a different meaning in ANU
parking parlance.

I received a letter in reply quoting a large slab of section 10.2 of
something [gee, I forgot to read the copy of section 10.2 I carry around
with me] and some waffle about the rules having to be applied to everyone
equally [i.e. if we let you off, they'd all want to be let off].

The letter also explained that the parking officer who issued the ticket was
interviewed [Hey Bob, did you nail this one?   Yep, got him fair and
square!] and he confirmed that the car was parked 'illegally.'

So it has cost me sixty dollars.

MC

This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
It is confidential any may contain confidential information.

If you are not the intended recipient any use, distribution,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any attachments
is strictly prohibited.

Confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately
by return e-mail, fax or telephone and delete the e-mail and any attachments.