[clug] Decent video cards

James Nikolaidis james at compexpress.com.au
Wed Oct 1 00:07:19 EST 2003

This is my first post, so forgive me if it goes wrong.
I have been subscribed to this list for quite some time and read the
post's with great interest.

I work for a company called Compexpress and I run the hardware side of
things.

> I'm going to shell over some hard-earned to Cougar for a new
workstation.
> I'm pretty happy with what I want, except I don't know how to choose a
> video card.
>
> Ideally I'd like a dual-head arrangement, DVI into a pair of LCD
screens
> with Xinerama. Last time I used Xinerama, it disabled hardware
acceleration
> (on a Matrox G400 analog card). I'd really like hardware acceleration
> work across both heads. I'll take analog outputs if that is all that
is
> available.
>
> I'd also like GPL'd drivers, but I'm willing to compromise for the
sake of
> hardware acceleration.

Compexpress can supply you with all the equipment that you require for
your workstation. Contact me with your workstation specifications if you
want to see how our prices compare to Cougars.

> Well, is anyone else local doing Athlon64 based stuff? I'm not
hardover on > it(because if I can just wait, I know its going to get a
lot cheaper), but > I am fairly keen.

I have recently received pricing on the Athlon64 and compatible
motherboards.  I can give prices on request.

Regards,

James Nikolaidis
Company Manager
COMPEXPRESS Pty Ltd