[clug] Steep penalty for leaving Netspace

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Wed Nov 19 21:49:33 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:36:38PM +1100, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> >I was pretty disappointed by the way moving house is handled. I
> >assume there's some sort of fee Netspace have to pay Telstra for the
> >reconnection - but it's probably not as much as what Netspace require.

I just moved house too. The $100.00 is a hefty fee, but consider the
stuff that the ADSL provicer has to go through to get you the new ADSL
line...

In my case Netspace got telstra activate the new line within 72 hours of
me faxing the apllication. That is good considering that a mate of mine
moved house just three months ago (stayed with bigpond) and telstra took
14 days have his line activated.

> So when it comes to ADSL, the question is, "how much does it cost to
> ... ?" rather than "why do I have to pay to ... ?"

Netspace just sells you the bandwidth and the adsl layer 2 service. They
lease the last mile form Telstra, so telstra gouges them for the
priveledge...

TMC
--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
  email:  tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au