[clug] Re: Mysterious mbox behaviour

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Nov 14 16:18:02 EST 2003

Pearl Louis wrote:

> Well I don't think I really want to use mutt as I like GUI programs.  I think
> I might switch to Evolution or Thunderbird.  I know Thunderbird is still
> what, at 0.2?  But it can't have any worse bugs than this, unless it actually
> decides to trash the mailbox entirely...

Replying from Thunderbird 0.3 from work (on Windows).

I have just finished setting up Courier-Imap, Courier-Maildrop and
fetchmail on my desktop, so I can choose and change mail clients as I
wish, and not have to worry about mail-box formats or redoing filters
etc.  The only restriction is that you then have to use a mail client
that works well with IMAP.

I currently use Kmail for reading my mail-list mail (I like the + and
down arrow navigation) and Thunderbird if someone sends me HTML
formatted mail and I want to reply.  I may even have a look at Evolution
again.

I can provide pointers on how to do this if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Rasjid.