[clug] incrementing time

Nemo -earth native- nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Wed Nov 5 10:22:38 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:48:24AM +1100, Rousak, Boris did utter:

> using Ksh and the only way possible that I could find (google and all) is to
> convert the date to time since 1970 and do a number comparison. This is

This is how I would do it.

> however a hassle, so the question is: can anyone suggest an easier way to do

seconds since 1970 is a nice simple number that makes comparisons like
this easy. That's what it's for - use it.

Trying to compare minutes and hours and days... you're likely to end up
with all sorts of edge effects that will just make the logic harder than
it needs to be.

.../Nemo