[clug] incrementing time

Rousak, Boris Boris.Rousak at actewagl.com.au
Wed Nov 5 09:48:24 EST 2003

Greeting all,

This is a bit basic but I am having a mind blank :). I am trying to write a
script that will check a time stamp written in a file to see if it has been
an hour since it was made. The stamp is in a format, Nov 03 07:32:06. I am
using Ksh and the only way possible that I could find (google and all) is to
convert the date to time since 1970 and do a number comparison. This is
however a hassle, so the question is: can anyone suggest an easier way to do
this, awk maybe or something to that effect. I have looked at perl, but that
requires an extra module download, namely: Date::Manip and this is not an
option for me. If anyone can hit me with a clue-bat that would be much
appreciated.

Regards,
Boris

*PLEASE NOTE*  This email and any attachments may
be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
dissemination of this email or its attachments is
prohibited without the consent of the sender.

WARNING RE VIRUSES:  Our computer systems sweep
outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
Before opening or using attachments, please check for
viruses.  Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
affected attachments.

individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of the
organisation.