gcc -fmudflap anyone?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Mar 29 16:06:53 EST 2003

I asked a few people at the meeting and nobody used it. I am looking
for info/list/advice of using the -fmudflap feature of gcc.

I checked out the relevant branch and built the package, however I
have some "issues" using it. Not the least is my failure to find
a proper discussion forum, and the lack of doco for this feature.

BTW, this option will generate special code for pointers that
should allow strong checking of pointer usage, much more than
a malloc wrapper can.

I am also using valgrind now, but being a low-level debugger
it catches a different king of errors. The two tools look
very complimentary and I plan to run our software (at work)
through both regularly.

Once I figure it all out I will be glad to present my experience
in a future meeting.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>