Killing my terminal

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 15:48:15 EST 2003

Hi, does anyone know what ^x does to a terminal? I'm using Konsole, but
occasionally I've forgotten that I'm at a command prompt and not in emacs and
accidently hit ^x. Needless to say, my terminal stops responding and I've got
to kill it.

It's only the current session that dies, other sessions I have open with
Konsole are fine. I've tried typing reset but to no avail. I can't remember
what the key sequence is to reset a terminal either. Any hints there?

Also, in the interests of teaching me to fish rather than just supplying me
with sushi, does anyone know of a good resource with info on this sort of
stuff?

Cheers,
Paul.