Killing my terminal

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Wed Mar 26 19:25:32 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 03:48:15PM +1100, Paul Bryan wrote:
> Hi, does anyone know what ^x does to a terminal? I'm using Konsole, but
> occasionally I've forgotten that I'm at a command prompt and not in emacs and
> accidently hit ^x. Needless to say, my terminal stops responding and I've got
> to kill it.

^X doesn't do anything. What you describe is what would happen if you type
^S (XOFF). If that's the case you type ^Q (XON).

At least in bash, ^X is the command key (if you have emacs keybindings
turned on).

For reference, stty -a lists the currently active "special characters".
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/