Australian Dates under Netscape on Debian

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sat Mar 8 00:20:09 EST 2003

Well, I have managed to get Debian Unstable up and running without too
many hastles.  The only seriously broken thing I have found so far is
the Kmail is currently unavailable on Sid, so I am being forced to use
some other Email client.  I'm currently using Netscape.  The only
problem is that the dates are showing up in US format, and I just can't
see any place to change it in Netscape.

On the other hand, I'm sufficiently new to Debian that I've possibly not
changed some locale setting somewhere.  I've fairly certain I set my
locale as en_AU, but whenever I start galeon (for example) I get
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
so perhaps I have a general locale problem.  I'm sure there were some
questions during the debian install that I answered without any idea of
the effect of choosing A) over B).

Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rasjid.