Australian Dates under Netscape on Debian

Sam Couter sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Sat Mar 8 18:21:47 EST 2003

Rasjid Wilcox <rasjidw at openminddev.net> wrote:
> Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated.

I don't know if this will help with your problem, but I can give some
tips on how to make locales work right:

Make sure the 'locales' package is installed.

Run 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' to configure the package.

Set the LANG environment variable to the name of one of the locales you
chose to generate. Run 'locale' to see stuff (someone else may be able
to explain the significance of the stuff you see).

With these steps, the warnings from GTK (and Perl and Python and a bunch
of other stuff that likes to whinge) should go away. The format of the
displayed dates in Netscape may or may not change, I have no idea.
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Debian Developer    |  mailto:eddie at debian.org