Fwd: Linux audio software

Robert Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 3 13:28:56 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:14 am, James McNeill wrote:
> Can anyone shed some light?
> TIA,
> -James
>
> >Which audio software works in linux? Is linux any good for audio creation
> > and >manipulation and mastering? Why?
> >

> >Cheers,
> >
> >Ash

"Audio Software" can mean a lot of different things to different people.
However, one program that got quite a bit of attention at the Linux.Conf.Au
conference in Perth in January was Conrad Parker's "sweep" :
http://www.metadecks.org/software/sweep/

seems to do most of what I would be thinking about when I hear the term "Audio
Software for creation, manipulation and mastering".

Also, Conrad is an Aussie developer, so it must be good.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.