[clug] ANN: hYPerSonic 1.0

Ambrose Andrews ambrosea at neurofractal.org
Mon Jun 30 21:53:32 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 21:33, Nemo -earth native- wrote:

> Debian woody has a 2.1.3 I think, so yes, you should be able to have
> both stable python2.1 and testing/unstable 2.2 simultaneously.

to clarify: the stable debian distribution, woody, has in it python2.2,
which can be installed alongside 2.1. Not necessary to use testing or
unstable debs.

I have Python 2.1.3 and Python 2.2.1 both installed from the normal
woody archive.

If i say 'python' i get 2.1. if i want 2.2 I have to say 'python2.2'.

> That said, I've found Debian Testing to be very nice in terms of
> balancing the line between "new and cutting edge" and "old, tested and
> reliable". I get things breaking sometimes, but so far nothing that
> would have caused any major headaches had they occured on a production
> server. (minor "pay attention to me now" 5minute fixit jobs though,
> yeah, sure :)

aye.  testing good. stable can get quite behind, eg Apache towards the
end of potato didn't support the NameVirtualHost * directive, and was
regarded on apache lists as 'antique'.

  -AA.

--
  Ambrose Andrews
  LPO Box A274 ANU Canberra ACT 2601 Australia